BiG enlarges the stereo picture in a new way and opens up new creative ways of shaping sound. The design is intuitive with only three controls. Created for the SPL 500 series, the SPL BiG fits perfectly into the rack!
Stereo Image Shaping
The RANGE control selects the frequency range to be processed.
The STAGE control shifts the frequency range selected with the RANGE control backwards or forwards on the stereo stage.
The large BIGNESS control adjusts the intensity of the STEREO IMAGE SHAPING.
The BASS/Off switch activates (BASS) or deactivates (Off) an additional bass boost downstream of the BIGNESS section. The bass boost is generated by a passive filter, which is implemented in a similar circuit to that used in the AirBass function of the SPL IRON mastering compressor.
The On/Bypass switch activates (On) or deactivates (Bypass) the module. This way, you can quickly switch between processed and unprocessed signals.
The signal LEDs (Sig) indicate whether an audio signal is present at the input of the respective channel. (Higher level than -20 dBu)
- Analogue inputs and outputs; balanced
- Maximum input and output level: 21 dBu
- Input impedance: 20 kΩ
- Output impedance: 150 Ω
- Common-mode rejection (1 kHz): > 82 dBu
- Frequency response (-3 dB): 10 Hz - 100 kHz
- THD & N (0 dBu, 10 Hz - 22 kHz): 0.001 %.
- Noise (A-weighted): -97 dBu
- Dynamic range: 113 dB
- Width x height x depth: 75 x 133 x 179 mm / 2.95 x 5.23 x 7.04 inch
- Weight of the unit: 0.9 kg / 1.98 lbs